Our work with Music Services and Hubs revolves around the delivery of the National Plan Singing Strategy via both our Choir Creation Scheme and our after school AC Academy choirs. In addition to these, we run bespoke projects, such as KS2 / KS3 Singing Days, Musical in a Day, and offer schools support for their musical and choral events. Every child taking part in our Choir Creation Scheme and after school AC Academy choirs has the opportunity to perform in large-scale concerts alongside Armonico Consort’s professional singers and instrumentalists.
Recent and future projects include Carmina Burana at Warwick Arts Centre and Malvern Theatres with the Birmingham Conservatoire Symphony Orchestra in spring 2017; several performances of an original folk-pop cantata by our composer-in-residence Toby Young, Beowulf in autumn 2017; a gala concert at the Royal Albert Hall in spring 2018.
Our work with partner organisations is varied but typically includes:
- The creation of a bespoke singing strategy
- Delivering in-school CPD to teachers via our 5 week Choir Creation Scheme
- Providing after school choirs for children aged 7-16
- Giving children the opportunity to sing alongside professional singers and instrumentalists in high-quality concerts at prestigious venues around the country
- Work with SEN schools
- Additional one-off projects as required, such as Secondary School Singing Days and Musical in a Day (primary, secondary or cross-phase transition projects)
- One-hour in-school choral workshops
- Support to schools with concerts, vocal projects and continuing professional development
Due to the unique way Armonico Consort is structured as a charity, we endeavour to match fund all contracts from hubs through our own fundraising, and in most cases we deliver about double the value of the original investment from hubs.
We are currently working in partnership with: Coventry Performing Arts, Severn Arts (Worcestershire), Solihull Music Service, Telford & Wrekin Music, Sampimon Trust (Westminster), MUSH - Cambridgeshire Music Hub, SoundStorm (Bournemouth and Poole) …and would like to hear from other hubs or music organisations as we are always happy to discuss new projects and potential new collaborations.
We have recently established a partnership with the faculty of Music at Cambridge University. We offer postgraduates studying for a Masters in Choral Conducting the opportunity to work with us on Choir Creation programmes. This will allow them to complement their choral conducting studies by gaining experience working with children’s choirs.
We have also recently established a partnership with Warwick Arts Centre and look forward to future projects with them as we expand our work in the Midlands.