AC Academy Scholars
The AC Academy Scholarship programme is designed to create a pathway for talented teenage singers towards university, with a special focus on Oxbridge choral scholarship preparation.
Scholars receive the following FREE benefits:
- Expert tuition from some of the UK’s top singers and teachers
- Coaching from Armonico Consort’s Artistic Director, Christopher Monks
- High-level solo opportunities in venues including the Royal Albert Hall
- Singing side-by-side with Armonico Consort’s professionals
- Coaching and support with choral scholarship preparation for Oxbridge and other universities
- Concerts and tours
- Bursaries for music courses
- Support with instrument purchase and travel costs (subject to eligibility)
AC Academy Scholars have recently benefited from masterclasses with internationally-renowned singers such as Elin Manahan Thomas and mentoring from some of the UK’s top singing tutors including David Lowe, Director of Music, Downing College, Cambridge. They have also given concerts at Warwick Arts Centre and the Royal Albert Hall. Forthcoming plans include a masterclass with international baritone Roderick Williams, AC Academy Does the Royal Albert Hall and a five-day trip to Belgium including a concert at the Ghent Festival.
Applications are invited from young people aged 13+ and are accepted by audition. Please contact Ann Hannan email@example.com for further information.
We are very grateful to The Finzi Trust in supporting two of our scholars in 2020. Scholars are also supported by the Oldhurst Trust, Souter Charitable Trust, N Smith Charitable Settlement, and by Dr Paul Thandi CBE DL and Mr Baljit Shergill, as well as other individual donors.